About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

25 January 2011

blessed


today i feel incredibly blessed. i went for a run this morning (4 miles...training for a half marathon babbbyyy!) and listened to a Matt Chandler podcast on my ipod. i started podcast listening while running instead of music and kind of enjoy it. i listen more. weird, i know. anyways, it was really insightful - talking about Habbakuk and how God answers our prayers-whether we realize it or not. one thing Matt said is how he answers our prayers by allowing us to breathe each morning...wow! umm so true!

so i got to thinking about the blessings in my life...instead of pouting because this hasn't gone my way, or because i'm feeling lonely...i decided to praise God for the precious friends and family that are in my life. I mean let's be real, I can text/call any one of my closest friends and ask for prayer and they will. just yesterday i was having a difficult time and texted my best friend from home and asked for prayer. she immediately responded via text with prayer. i was driving (don't read this mom and dad) and immediately teared up. why? well many reasons...i'm an emotional girl...and because i feel so loved, even by that simple prayer.

nonetheless-God has placed SOO many people in my life...from all around (virginia, tennessee, texas, illinois, etc...) who love me for ME. and who lift me up when i am down, who hold me accountable, who laugh with me, who cheer for the Steelers with me, and who will be in my life for years and years to come.

how are you feeling blessed today?
(one more 'blessing'...the Steeler's are in the SuperBowl!!!!!)

No comments: