About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

01 November 2011

#11 home away from home

I have grown to love this town.
and a huge part is because it has become my home away from home.

It's true, I still get homesick for where I grew up and that comfort, but if I could call any other place home, it definitely is here in Nashville!

What makes it home?
Lots of different factors. I think the biggest one recently for me are Sundays. Sundays at the Hogan household in Virginia are typically spent with close friends and family watching football (with me always doing homework!).
This past Sunday instead of going anywhere to watch the Steelers game, I invited friends over to my house.
We watched football, I did homework, I baked delicious cookies, we laughed, we chatted, and had some good community time!
Those are the moments when I know this has become my home.
Those comfort moments.
Those joys of just being in the presence of good friends.

this is what makes it home.
And I love it :)

Here are my pumpkin white chocolate chip cookies that were devoured!!


and then the empty plate...

No comments: