About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

21 October 2011

#10 clothing swap!

Last night I attended my first ever clothing swap.

What is a clothing swap, you ask? Basically you get a bunch of girls together (well guys could do it too...but typically girls) and bring clothes/purses/shoes/scarves/whatever you don't want anymore. And what do you do with those items? Give them away! And in return, you get to 'shop' at the other girl's unwanted items. There are different ways to do it, but we all got together and went one by one through the items asking who wanted it...if there were mutual wants, then it was battled out by the girls (not really...we all really didn't care too much, it was a more of do I love this or like it). If you have a lot of people then you can set up rooms and basically shop around!

I absolutely love this idea, because you don't have to spend money! And you get rid of clothes that have been sitting in your closet.

What I came away with last night: (I should really post pics...maybe when I wear them!)
2 jackets
1 pair of jeans
3 skirts (2 of which are totally not my 'style' but trendy! I decided to branch out of my clothing comfort!)
3 shirts
1 pair of brown boots!

not too shabby, eh?!

I am hoping to host a clothing swap in a few weeks. Oh yes, I still can get rid of clothes! And can always use 'new' ones ;)

No comments: