About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

19 April 2009

yes or no

So the other night I watched Yes, Man.  I thought it was a pretty funny movie!  But it got me thinking.  The basic gist of the movie is that this guy (Jim Carey) always says no to people until he goes to this "Yes" meeting and vows to say yes to everyone and everything.  I think Jim Carey is hilarious, so I loved how the whole movie played out.

But anywayyyys.  I'm kind of the opposite of this guy.  I tend to always say yes...and I've thought to myself, why is this?  I think a lot of the reason is that I'm afraid to let people down and disappoint them.  I love doing things for people and helping out, but sometimes my life gets too busy that I don't even have time for myself.  I weasle my way around saying no (even if it's a legit reason!).  In the last few months I really have begun to actually say no, and I don't think it's a bad thing.

I think it's key to have a balance between saying yes and no.  You can't always say yes, because you'll lose a bit of yourself.  But you can't always say no, because then you're not really doing anything.  So that's what I'm working on.  Saying yes and no-because I believe that makes me healthier.
Are you a yes or a no person?  Or both?!

No comments: