About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

27 April 2009

a life that counts

so yesterday at church, our pastor spoke about David and finding the strength to carry and fight on.  We read from 1 Samuel 30 and went through David's life (how he was chosen King, then went through a lot of hardships, and finally was anointed King as God's vision was fulfilled)

At points in his life, David felt that there was no energy left to even care!  As I think about that, I realize that sometimes I'm in that same exact spot...I just don't want to care or do anything.  But the real question is how do we find strength?

2 Timothy 4:17 says "But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth."

and

Isaiah 40:30-31 (one of my favorites) "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men 
stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar 
on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

David fought on because the Lord stood with him:
I continue to fight because the Lord stands with me.

a life that counts finds strength