About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

12 December 2008

tis the season

So it's been a while.  But I've just been caught up in the hustle and bustle of finals and blaaah! 

It doesn't even feel like Christmas to me yet, which saddens me because I LOVE this time of year!  I love the lights, the music, the cheer =D  But when I think about it, I don't want my focus to be too much on the tangible things of the earth.  Just because it's Christmas, shouldn't be why I'm joyful.  I should always have the joy of Christ in me, you know!  

I have so many things to do the next few days...but I don't want to worry or get anxious because of all those things.  Christ calls us to not worry about tomorrow and receive the peace that he has placed in our hearts.  

My eye has been twitching since Sunday.  And I think it's because I'm stressed/tired (random, I know), so instead of freaking out about everything.  I'm going to take it one step at a time.  Focus on my peace and joy in Him.  That is what truly will give me a calm and a satisfaction.


Anyways, next time you start to get anxious or overwhelmed.  Just pray!  He will give you a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Now on to my to-do list...

2 comments:

Katie said...

It'll start feeling like Christmas once exams are done for you!

Erika said...

oh man kelly, do you remember in high school where that would happen to me? my eye would twitch for like 2 weeks straight- and it drove me crazy!

see you in a weeeeeeeeeeeeeek!