About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

16 February 2011

pretty pink petals


Valentine's Day was the other day (as you all know) and this year I had the privilege of helping a Nashville florist deliver and take orders allllll day. It was exhausting and crazy busy, but well worth it in my book. I say it was a privilege because it really was...I mean, what could be better than speaking to nervous and clueless men who are either in love or trying to win that special someone over. They were presh. And then to know that some woman was being made very happy...it just made me happy!


On one of my deliveries (to the Bridgestone Arena), I dropped off some flowers at the front desk and chit chatted with the security lady for a bit. She said that flowers have been delivered all day, but she waits to call the girl because she just loves having all these pretty flowers across her desk! She also said it's fun to see the looks on some of the girl's faces because they didn't expect anything. Loveee it!

So my Valentine's day was not depressing and was not a "single's awareness day", in fact it was so busy I never even had a chance to think about being "alone" on valentine's day (even though I know I am never alone...I've got Jesus with me :)!). I am loved with the greatest love of all. Unconditional and everlasting.

I did get a pretty pink rose from the flower shop :) It was going to get thrown away because it didn't look pretty, but I pulled the bad petals off and now it sits on my desk at work! Yaaay!

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Continue to love, and love well through Him


1 comment:

Katie said...

What an awesome thing to do on Vday. I would have never considered doing something like that - but so fun!