About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

09 February 2011

travel adventures

This past weekend I traveled to visit some of my close friends in Oklahomaaaa! (boomer sooner! haha) This was the first time that I can recall to visit oklahoma, and my first impression: SNOW! yes, they got hit-and are still getting hit with snow. Nonetheless, I still arrived to the arms of Megan and Sarah. First stop: trying to see if we could start Megan's car. It didn't work-but it was fun attempting to act like we knew what we were doing (they might have, but i had nooo clue!)

After a sleepover that night with the girls-we ventured to Texas A&M the next morning. yep in the snow. It took almost 9 hours-with a stop in waco for some
common grounds coffee yummm! once making it to college station, we just had sweet friend and loving your life time. SUCH a blessing! I hadn't seen some people in almost 2 years! That's what happens when you work at a camp in Texas and live a million miles away...it's so great though how we just pick up right where we leave off.

Came back to OU Sunday just in time for the superbowl (don't worry, I'm not bitter...it was a good game. my boys can't win every year). It was me and the girls watching it-the loudest they got was when Usher came out during half time. hahahaha. love them! Monday I got to tour campus with a good friend while we ran 8 miles. yes, 8 miles and it was freezing!

All in all this weekend was exactly what I needed. The Lord has blessed me with such amazing friends and sisters that are with me forever. I just wish I lived closer to everyone!
here are some other pictures:
paige...showing us how she would hold her child...ohhh goodness. lol

And then there's me and Lainers: I had to do a BOOMER SOONER #1!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

My cousin Jeff is dating a girl from OK. And of course I know Candi Freeman...