About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

18 May 2011

outside looking in

so yesterday while on my little run, I started thinking about being rescued and how we are all in need of rescue (that was the talk at church on Sunday). Anyways it got me thinking. we need rescue not because we are perfect, but because we are broken, bruised, dented, scratched, and all sorts of mess. It made me think of my car. I have a 2001 honda civic that has...well let's just say character :) there are scratches, and what gives it the most character is the huge dent on the side (i may have driven into something...). Before last week, the inside of my car was quite a mess and dirty-I had never gotten the interior clean since I purchased the car almost 2 years ago...needless to say it was in dyer need of a detailing job. I'll be honest, I would be embarrassed for friends to get into my car because I knew it was dirty and I didn't want the imperfection. While the inside of my car may be clean now, the dent and scratches on my car still remain. And remain they will (unless I want to spend hundreds of dollars to fix it), but I am no longer embarrassed to let people in the car or to see it.

So now back to life. So often, we as humans and especially Christians don't want people to see the inside of us...the imperfections...the dents, the bruises, but they are there! Christ encourages us to boast in these weaknesses, because it is through the weakness that we are made strong in Him. I know for me, I don't want people to see the deepest insides of me, afraid of what they might think. But in reality, we all are broken and in need of rescue. We all have those struggles and those bumps. It is through these that the Lord can truly move and work in our life. We shouldn't appear to be perfect, because we aren't! While it may be hard, sharing with those you trust your heart can bring about deeper relationship and a picture of what it means to be the body of Christ.

No comments: