About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

06 October 2011

#8: grocery store encounters

I went to the grocery store this morning. it was a typical grocery run and morning...well that's what I thought.

So as I am walking around Kroger, I head to the baking aisle (I mean, I love to bake, so why not!). I'm picking up my brownie and cake mixes and head to the chocolate chips. This woman was standing there as well and we got into a discussion about how the Kroger brand choc chips are not real and are made with chocolate liquor (who knew!) So we chit chatted about that and then she started to walk away and said something along the lines of "well you just look like such a great young housewife"

BAAAAAHHH. was my first inside reaction. I chuckled and said "Oh I'm definitely young, but nottt married!" She asked how old I was and as soon as I told her my age, she goes "that is how old my daughter would be, she passed away 3 years ago in a car accident". She got teary eyed and emotional and started to just share her heart with me. She told me that I reminded her of her daughter - full of life, trying to find the best deals, tiny framed, and smiling with joy. She proceeded to show me pictures - beautiful blonde haired blue eyed girl.

This woman then told me how comforting it is to know as a mother that your daughter is up in Heaven and that she lived a life after the Lord. OH and the best part was when she was telling me about the 5k that they have every year up at her college in Ohio and it's named after her daughter, Kelly. I immediately stopped her and said, "my name is Kelly". She just hugged me. Right there, in the middle of Kroger, I was hugging and crying with this strange woman. We talked for probably 20-25 minutes in the middle of the grocery store.

That moment was such a God thing...this woman spoke encouragement and truth into my life that I so needed to hear in amidst the craziness and stress of my life. At the same time, she needed someone to hear about her incredible daughter. The Lord truly brought us to the middle of the baking aisle this morning for a reason. And I was just so speechless and in awe of that encounter.

When we were walking away from each other, she said these final words "Continue to live your life, love it, and live it to the fullest finding all those blessings!"

Amen. Amen.

No comments: