About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

23 September 2011

#3: the people!

So these first few posts are going to be pretty generic about Nashville and my love for it...I thought I would get the big obvious ones out of the way, then move into random reasons/more specifics of why I love this city!

So the people. Seriously, love them! This is a city with a small town feel...so basically you get the southern hospitality mixed in the city. Being a city girl myself, I grew up in the hustle and bustle known as metropolitan D.C. Love the city, but man the people are on a mission and on the go alllll the time! Going back to visit, I just feel stressed...

here in Nashville, it's different. I will have 20 minute conversations with people randomly at the grocery store, coffee shops, and even at work. People are so genuine and down to earth and want to know how you are doing, what's going on in your life, even what the Lord is doing! I love that. I love going out and almost always running into someone I know. I love being real and hearing the hearts of people I either know or have just met. That's another thing, you meet someone and typically get an instant connection/conversation.

Now this isn't true for everyone, I am sure, but this has just been my experience. I have sparked conversations with random strangers about football (especially when I see something Steelers), music, Pine Cove or Kanakuk, running, and whatever random things I can think of sometimes. It's great :) So people of Nashville - thank you!

1 comment:

sharon said...

I left a comment earlier, but it didn't post! Love reading your blog and seeing what you love about Nashville:)