About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

22 September 2011

Why I love Nashville #2: FSM


What is FSM you ask? Why it is Fellowship Student Ministries. I volunteer at my church (Fellowship Bible Church) as a 242 (small group) leader and LOVE it! I started last fall with 9th grade girls and surprised them with a little photo shoot. -->

I have more girls this year (around 15) and I just love them! I love walking alongside them as they go through life and high school, all the drama, struggles, and growth. I'm not gonna lie, they wear me outtt! But I love it :)

In addition to my 242 girls, I have been able to be the 'adult' (ha I still laugh at that one) on a student led mini mission trip to Birmingham. We redid two rooms at a halfway home for women as well as fed the homeless. It was such a great trip just to see these highschool kids take leadership and serve their hearts out!

We also have weekend retreats, like Camp No Boys Allowed (um sooo fun!), that I go on. I love FSM because I am my crazy self. I love the kids that are there as well as the other leaders who have the same passion as me: to love and speak truth into the lives of highschoolers.

Through volunteering with FSM, I have noticed my passions and desires after I graduate have changed a bit...even though I am majoring in Recording Industry, I actually want to go back to school eventually to get a masters in counseling. Crazy, huh? The Lord has just placed a passion in my heart to love women who struggle, whether it be abuse, or eating disorders, or even relationships. I love the feeling I have when I leave youth group every Wednesday night, spent because I gave all the love I had to give, through the power and grace of Christ.

God has blessed me with the opportunity to serve and love on high school girls and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: