About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

10 September 2011

Remember when


So it has been 10 years.
10 years since our country was turned upside down.
10 years since that day when life as we know it would change.
forever.

I remember that day
the fear, the chaos, the unknown

I remember giving my dad the BIGGEST hug after he made it out safely from the Pentagon
I remember watching the news, hearing stories of friends and families
I remember our country joining together as one

I will forever remember where I was when I heard the news (7th grade lunch room)
I will always remember the pictures, the signs, the flag that was flown.
I will remember seeing the smoke.
I remember those who have given and lost their lives. Their sacrifice.

Most importantly, I will always remember that God is Sovereign.
And how blessed we are to live in a country filled with FREEDOM and men and women who fight daily for that.

I can't believe it has been 10 years...

No comments: