About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

22 October 2008

prayer

Prayer is an amazing thing.

Especially prayer for each other.

Do you ever find yourself saying "I'll be praying for you!", and you don't?!  I know I have.  But it's something I'm working on.
God has really pushed on my heart recently the power of community and the power of prayer in that community.  I truly believe that prayer does make a difference!  And honestly, when I ask someone to pray for me, I'd really hope that they would if they said they would!  So that's what I'm doing.  I have a prayer journal and I write down any and all prayer requests so I can be reminded to pray for them all!
--It actually reminds me of little Kailey who has a prayer journal :)  I wish I took her idea sooner!

Then I want to mention not just praying for each other at this time with the prayer journal, but all the time.  Christ tells us to pray without ceasing.  I can pray while I'm walking to class, while I'm doing homework, and I can praise His name always!

So my new found challenge: PRAY!  And really don't just stick with praying for the little things, but really open up your heart and pour it out to God.  He's waiting...and He's always there...something that I still need to remind myself.


1 comment:

The Art Of Light Photography said...

For some reason I often find prayer to be the hardest part of my faith when logistically it's really the easiest thing. I think we tell ourselves that we have to stop what we're doing, fold our hands, close our eyes and pray in a specific way. Lately I've been trying to remind myself that I can pray while I'm working, when I'm eating, when I'm doing whatever. My prayer doesn't have to look or sound a certain way. Jesus already knows what's on my heart and I simply need to open myself up to that.

You are always in Matt & my bedtime prayers :)