About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

14 October 2008

a relaxing weekend

So I was blessed to be able to spend time this weekend with my mom and dad at home =D  

No one back home knew I was going home.  I did this because I just needed time to relax...just me and my parents.  This time was sooo good.

Saturday I had a a few doctor's appointments, but in the midst of that my mom and I got to go to Old Towne, walk around a bit, and shop at Gap Outlet!  Old Towne is such a cool place.  We also went to Smoothie King (yummm!) and then came home to a delicious meal prepared by dad.  He made us scallops!  So good :)  The rest of the night was spent playing games, in which dad pretty much dominated.  It was not my lucky night!  Sunday we went to church, ate Potbelly's at Burke Lake and went geocaching.  It was pretty much like a treasure hunt with the GPS, it was a beautiful day so it was good to be at the lake!  We then went to a pig roast (yes, the pig was lying there and we just went up and picked off meat!).  After the roast, mom and dad had small group and I went shopping.  Yesterday was the final day.  We relaxed in the morning and then went shopping a little bit and visited the Pentagon Memorial-which was awesome.  (I should get the pictures I took soon)  After that we went and ate at McCormick and Shmick.  And then to the airport :'(  My parents are awesome~and so much fun!  It was good to laugh with them :)

All in all it was a great weekend!  Throughout the weekend, I found myself just seizing the moments and making the most of everything.  I also thought about how much I've taken for granted in the past.  But I can't dwell on the past at all.  I need to hold on to every moment and live it out.   I can't change how I acted in high school, the choices I've made, the things I've done.  Right now, I can rest in the fact that God knows what he's doing.  I'm not perfect and I never will be.  I'm continuing to grow. My prayer is that I stay silent enough to hear the His voice.  That I "be still and know that He is God"  
be still.
so simple. 
but challenging.
be still. 

BTW-I'm watching 7th Heaven right now...it's on TV...it brings back memories.  yes, I used to LOVE this show!  My grammy loves it too =D

No comments: