About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

03 March 2011

tough love

so i haven't posted in a few days...and partially because i just haven't known what to write about. i recently moved this past weekend so my life has been kind of upside down. especially because i don't have a room yet and my stuff is all over the place! but that'll be fixed this weekend :)

anyways. i recently had a conversation with my sister-in-law and she mentioned tough love, and how it may not be the easiest thing...but how it is ultimately beneficial and for that person's good. i say this because i was given a bit of tough love this morning. and yes, it was hard and still is to be honest, but i know it will only help strengthen and refine me. i think i get the most tough love from my family. only because they know me more than anyone, and they want to see me be the best i can be.

honestly, i hateeeee being told that i am wrong, or having someone notice a flaw in me. but the truth is, i'm not perfect-no one is. i feel blessed to have close family that will tell me how it is...there may be tears, but in the end there's always hugs! now i'm not saying my family does this all the time or even out of spite. i think it's quite the opposite, they love me so much that they want to see me grow and become that better godly woman.

with all that being said. tough love is tough. and today i got a little bit of tough love. but i pray that the Lord will use this and refine me and continue to mold me into His image.

No comments: