About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

06 November 2008

habakkuk

So a good friend of mine recommended to me a podcast from his church up in northern IL.  There are 3 sermons on the book of Habakkuk and I just finished listening to the first one.

I really enjoyed it and it challenged me to really embrace God.

We are to embrace God in everything and all that we do.  And it also challenges to wrestle with God.  Not at Him, but with Him.  Through this I can truly sense His grip in my life.

One thing that I've thought about is that it is OK to question God and it's ok to be upset.  But we still need to embrace God and bring our questions and worries and fears to Him.  Through that we can come to know Him more and grow in relationship with Him.

Habakkuk begins his book by embracing/questioning God, then moves to wrestling with Him, and then ends with praise.

How often to I end with praise?  Not enough.

I'm growing
I'm learning
I'm gripped by the best hand of all



PS-I wrote another song yesterday =D

No comments: