About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

14 November 2008

stand alive

Do you sometimes feel like you're at a standstill?
Like you're caught in the middle of everything.
You're here, but you're not...if that makes sense.

Sometimes I feel that I'm physically here but my mind just wanders when I'm hanging out with people.  I don't know...

Do I analyze things too much?
I think that I do.

But how do you change that?
And how do you draw that line?

I know that God has designed me specifically the way I am.  I know He has brought me to the point at where I am today for a reason.  But sometimes I wish I could go back to certain moments, or certain ways I acted and viewed life - more like a child like faith I guess.  It's weird, because I want to grow up...but at the same time, the more I do the harder it becomes and the more struggles and problems I tend to encounter.

BUT at the same time, the older I get, the more equipped I am to follow God and His will for me.

I am called to die to myself; to the excuses I make; to the wants I have; to worldly perfection I seek; to the attitude I have sometimes.

I pray that God would be alive in me!

No comments: