About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

03 November 2008

love from afar

I just got off the phone with my dad who is with my grandma in the hospital.  She isn't doing well at all.  The past 2 days she hasn't responded hardly at all and she hasn't eaten.  It's so hard not being there next to her and next to my dad and grandpa.  So yesterday after I talked with my dad and found out how serious/bad grandma's condition is, I grabbed my guitar and wrote a song.

This was the first time in a while I've written a complete song in one sitting.  I told dad I wanted to sing it to her.  The song is really for all three of them.  When I talked to grandpa last night about singing it, or having dad play some of my songs he said " know that's what will wake her up".  My grandpa is so sweet toward grandma and loving her while she is sick.

So I woke up really early this morning - I just haven't been able to sleep that well lately, and I decided to call dad and see how everything was.  Nothing new.  He didn't get a chance to play my songs last night, and so I decided to sing/play the song I just wrote.  I played it and grandma responded!!!  I couldn't understand anything but she was speaking.  My dad said it was the liveliest she's been in the past few days.

I wish I could be there right now, but I know that God can still use me from afar.  And I know that God is in control.  Even though this is so hard, He's watching over me and my family.  

Please keep our family in your prayers, especially since we are spread across the country (and then there's my brother in New Zealand).  Our love is given from afar.

"I'm near but I'm far
You can feel my heartbeat next to yours
Just one call away
Through the silence I'll speak to your heart
and it's back to the start"

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you got that opportunity to play your song! I'm sure it was beautiful, and it's great to hear how much of an impact we can have from afar :)

travis said...

love you, miss you, praying for you all.

Erin Ludlow said...

Just wanted to let you know that I have been praying for your whole family. I know what it's like to be far away while a grandparent is so sick. And wanting to be by my parent's side hugging them and helping them through this time. Your love from afar it felt and it encourages and strengthens your Dad. Love you!