About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

21 November 2008

take it slow

There's so much going on in life.

In all our lives.  and it can get pretty hectic and crazy.

I know I worry too much about what will come next.  What about the future?  What about next week?

Sometimes I just need to sit and let Christ's peace rule me.  And not my own stress.  I let so many things in this world rule over me when I really should let Christ completely consume me.  He is stronger than any sin and struggle going on.

Sometimes we just need to sit and be still.  His peace, His love, His grace, His mercy will fulfill any and all my needs.

Colossians 3 is some great stuff!  Read it =D


1 comment:

Gabe said...

Amen Kelly! And life is only going to get busier too.

My senior year I became really aware of this and decided that I would start each day doing two things as soon as I woke up.

1) Get down on my knees (literally) and pray
2) Read from the Bible or another book as a devotional

It was amazing how waking up 20 minutes earlier went from being such an obnoxious chore to the part of the day I relished most.