About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

09 September 2008

finally here

Okay.  
So finally, I'm writing! 
What about...I don't really know, and honestly that's why it has taken me almost a week to write my first post.  I always think about things too much because I want everything to be perfect in a way.  I want my first post to be about this specific thing (even though I don't know what that is) and I want it to show things perfectly.  But then I'm like, Kelly...that's ridiculous because nothing is ever going to be perfect.
I'm a perfectionist, but God is really pushing me, stretching me, and challenging me to LET GO!  And not sort of let go, but completely let go.  It's so easy for me to be like, ok God I completely trust in You, but it's so hard to actually put that into action.  I feel that so often I'm right against the edge of a cliff leaping onto ledges below when I need to take a plunge away from all I find safe and familiar.  By taking that plunge, I can fully place my trust in God.  
I try to do so much on my own
But I can't overcome anything on my own  
I can't
I try
And then I fail
It is NOT about me

So I don't even know if any of this will ever make sense, but it's sort of my jumbled thoughts from my heart.  The biggest thing I'm working on right now is vulnerability.  And through this blog, I sort of am making myself more vulnerable-more so then I have before.  But it's good for me.  Usually to get my feelings out I write music/lyrics, and I still do this, but I'm adding to it by blogging.  
Also, I hope that friends and family can kind of know what's going on with me and how I'm doing!

One last thing:  Why did I choose 'little footprints'?  Well.  I chose the footprints because of that one poem about the footprints in the sand, and how I want to remember that He's always with me.  The little comes in because I'm not anything special at all, it is all the Lord in me.  And there's other stuff too, I think...
I will end at this... (once again I was trying to think of a perfect ending, but I should stop thinking so much sometimes and let my creativity and thoughts just happen!)
hmm....

3 comments:

sharon said...

Great first post:) love, mom

The Art Of Light Photography said...

welcome to the blogging world, it's addictive :)

Katie said...

hey Kelly, it's katie (Erika's sister-in-law). I saw your blog through FB and wanted to say hi! I agree with your friend Kristyn, it's very addicting. Anyway, great first post :)

if you're bored, I started blogging (and now chris blogs with me!)
k-strat.blogspot.cocm