About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

18 September 2008

He is faithful!

So tonight I led worship at VESPERS (which is our contemporary chapel service here at Greenville).  I'll admit it, I was nervous.  Why?  I don't even know.  Well I think because I wanted it to go a certain way, I wanted God to move, I wanted the songs to be ones that my fellow peers could give all of themselves.  But man, right before we started tonight God really hit me upside the head.
I texted one of my good friends and told him that I was really nervous.  And he texted me back saying: "Kelly.  you're fine!  You're not doing it for everyone or for you or for me, but for God who only cares if you offer your whole self and not how you perform."
--Thanks God!

This was a simple but important reminder that I can't make God move, I can't make anything go a certain way...it is all God!  It's not me at all.

And let me tell you - God moved tonight!  We did something we've never done at Vespers before.  First off it was an all worship night.  In the middle we all prayed.  But it was a community prayer-everyone split up into small groups around them and lifted each other up in prayer.  It was so great just to come together and pray for each other.  That was followed by some reflective prayer.  People were on their knees, crying, and just surrendering to God.

God is good.  
And even in the midst of my struggles, fears, and roller coaster life, He is still moving and working through me and in the lives of those around me.

4 comments:

sharon said...

Amen - well said - love you:)

travis said...

tears

The Art Of Light Photography said...

praise be to Him

Gabe said...

Wish I could have been there for that, it sounds like God's will was truly done.