About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

14 September 2008

we're not alone

Why do I sometimes feel like I'm all alone?
I want to share what I'm feeling.  But I can't.
Why is this?

I think we're all afraid.  Afraid of what other people will say, what they will think, and how they will judge.

I notice a lot of things.  I love people watching and observing.  Something I've observed lately is a lot with human nature and how often we judge.  Girls, especially, are harsh!  We are so quick to look at someone and fit them into a box.  Judgement is mostly degrading and not Christ-like at all.  The sad thing is that Christians do this so much to each other.  EACH OTHER?!  Christ tells us to come together as a community in love.  But how can this happen when we place ourselves above someone else.  Because that is really what we're doing when we judge.  We have this mindset that "good thing I'm not like that" or "good thing I'm not struggling like that" but really we are no better than anyone else.

I'm scared of what others are saying about me or how they view me, yet I sometimes do the same thing to others.  I'm working on it, though.  I want to love others with a Christ love.  

We are not alone.  And we shouldn't feel that way either.

4 comments:

travis said...

the difference maker for us Kelly:

In Mark 1 it says that Jesus looked at someone in need with Compassion and said "I want to heal you" and then He touched him...

That has to be us- rather than judging we should see people with compassion and want to help heal them. The question God put in my mind this a.m. is "Who are you touching for me?"

love you and miss you, keep writing! Good stuff! Thanks also for creaming me in Fantasy football Jelly Bean!

sharon said...

I understand how you feel. I find myself "judging" the judgmental which is actually doing the very thing I get frustrated about! I'm glad you have such a sensitive heart for people and a love which overflows to those around you. I love you - you are awesome:)
Love, MOM

Kathy said...

Luv you girl and am praying for you. Realizing how messed up we are we can see how much God really loves us despite our sins. He's got a lot of love! Have a great day tomorrow.

kelly said...

Thanks :)
love you guys so much!