About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

25 September 2008

roller coaster

Do you ever feel like you're on the roller coaster of life?

I do.

I feel like one day I'll be up and having a great day, and the next will be just so stressful and filled with worry and struggles.  And that's when I'm not myself.

How do I get out of those valleys?  I know that it's Satan's way of deceiving me and inching his way into destruction.  I will NOT let him take hold, but still, it's hard!

I know that Christ is the only way I can be given that joy and strength, but it's not always there for me.  It's always there, but it's a matter of me making a conscious effort for that joy from Him.  I need to be in prayer more.  I need to start my day off with Him...something I've strayed a bit from.

As much as a I say that the joy of the Lord is my strength, is it really?!  With every moment?  It's so much easier to say things then actually BE that and carry that out.

So today:  if I start to complain, if I start to worry, if I start to just be down-I'm going to stop. Pray. and TRULY allow Christ to consume my thoughts and nothing else.

Now I know everything won't be perfect, the struggles and weaknesses are what make me stronger.  But I am making a conscious effort to be all He has me to be!

1 comment:

travis said...

I was just thinking yesterday as I was mowing our yard of this aspect of life being a roller coaster. I blogged about this as one of my first blogs. Great perspective as usual Kelly.

Isn't it also great to know we journey in life with people who are on the same kind of rides we are? God's so freaking cool like that!