About Me

My photo
living for Him and taking daily steps to surrender my will and my life for the Glory of God

10 September 2008

one step ahead

So I'm sitting in my pod, watching Grey's Anatomy...just relaxing after a lonngggg day!  

A day which included going to classes, reading outside, working, bible study, baking a cake, and guitar ensemble.  Yep, I'm in guitar ensemble!  Why?  Well to get better at guitar, of course!  And I've definitely realized that I am going to need to work hard...I know that I'm going to get easily frustrated because the picking is newer to me, but I know that I can do it!  I really have to discipline myself to work work work at it.  It's not going to be easy.  But the reward hopefully will be great! (...me getting better at guitar/writing more music with guitar)

And that's how life is.  It is never easy.  And if it were, we'd never have room to grow and be strengthened.  I really have to take everything moment by moment.  Sometimes I say day by day, but that can even be too overwhelming.  I so badly need to surrender myself in every moment and lean on His strength and not my own.  The joy of the Lord truly is my strength (Neh 6:8).

So anyways.  This guitar process is going to involve discipline for me to actually practice!  I sometimes have this mindset that I'm going to automatically be great, but obviously that hasn't happened.  That's where I need to be more patient...something I lack sometimes.  

Quote for the day:
"God never promised days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He promises to give you strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way!"

No comments: